Monday 6 December 2010

Advert



This is my idea for our advert. I based my idea on one of my album cover idea's so that the to would be linked together and you would be able to recognise them as coming from the same band. The creation process was also very similar to the album cover idea

I first sketched out a rough idea. I chose to do a simplistic design to keep focus on the key features. I also believe that the more simple a design is the more successful it will be as there are less elements that can go wrong. The ice cream sign again is a prominent feature in this design except this time there are three of them. I chose to do three to represent the three members in the band. In this design the ice creams are all the same colour or colours with white, brown and cream being used in each to represent the different parts of an ice cream with a flake. The text in this design is very generic and creates a sense of familiarity with the viewer without distracting them to much from the ice cream signs. I was undecided on a background colour at this stage of the design.

I then created the design on a computer using Adobe Photoshop CS3 this allowed me to do more to the image and manipulate in more sophisticated ways than using a program such as Paint or even hand drawing my final design.

No comments:

Post a Comment