Sunday 5 December 2010

Email to client

Here is the email to the client asking for permission to use their song.


Here is the dialogue from the email:

Here is the print screen of our email that we send to one of the members of the band The 99’s. You will see what I send to the band member James Loughlin, and what his response to me was.
Just so you know what the email is saying will paste the email below, so you will be able to read it.


From: routyboy@hotmail.com
To: jamesloughlin@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: Music Video Proposal
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 20:25:06 +0100


Hi James,

I have been listening to your music for a while now, and me and a group of friends wish to make a music video for either Rooftop, Sunshine or Eymet, the reason I am asking you this is because we need to make a music video for our Media A-Level, and me and my friends think your style of music is perfect for us to use to get the best mark out of our course, and before we go ahead with this we need to gain your permission as well as Adam's & Johnny's. If you choose to accept then we will email you keeping you up to date on our progress, and hopefully you will like our finished product. So please take us up on our offer, it would be a great help and you will definately benefit from this as well, and please get back to me on whatever your decision is, because I will need to know either way. Thanks

Yours Sincerely, Steven Rout :D

From: jamesloughlin@hotmail.co.uk
To: routyboy@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Music Video Proposal
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 19:33:01 +0000

Hello guys,

You're ok to use the songs if you like that's fine with me. Try and make it tasteful, not like the guys who did "oh me oh my" who filmed some dodgy bedroom scene with a bloke tied up.
Turned out to be terrible and its on youtube now too without our permission!!

Keep us posted!

Good luck!
Jimmy

From: routyboy@hotmail.com
To: jamesloughlin@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: RE: Music Video Proposal
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 19:45:00 +0100

Hi James,

Would it be alright with you if we made a video for Oh Me, Oh My, because we have some cool ideas for this song, but we thought the guys on youtube, video was actually the official video, so our teacher told us to leave it alone but seen as it turns out it is'nt, would we be able to use it.

Cheers
Steven Rout :D

Hi Steven,

If that was the official video, we'd have a pretty gay video for the tune.
dont know who did that!! But yeah you can use the track if you wish.
Just make it far cooler than the other video for that on youtube!

Cheers,
Jimmy 99s

No comments:

Post a Comment